Littmann Cardiology IV Stethoscope, 22",Mirror Finish Burgundy 6170
3M Littmann Cardiology IV Stethoscope has the versatility of a generic stethoscope while being able to detect the faintest changes as needed by a specialist. With improved acoustics from the Classic III Stethoscope also by Littmann, the Cardiology IV has dual lumen. This removes the rubbing sound that comes with any movement of the tubing. It also has the flexibility to use either a diaphragm or an open bell, depending on which side is used. The bell is tunable, allowing you to hear both high and low frequencies, whichever side is used. This allows you to hear very subtle changes that allow you to make a better diagnosis.
The Littmann Cardiology 4 Stethoscope has many variations for the most personal and fashionable fit. The color of the tubing and finish both have several options that allows you to customize your stethoscope. Covered by a seven-year warranty, Littmann has made sure that this stethoscope will last. It is simple to clean with an isopropyl alcohol wipe or with soapy water. The tubing is not made from latex or plasticizers, while remaining flexible and resistant to skin oil. This means it is less likely to stain and promotes longevity.
Product Features and Benefits
- Tunable Diaphragms Let You Hear High and Low Frequencies
- Pediatric and Adult Diaphragms for Diverse Clientele
- Effective Sort Seal Ear-tips Shuts Out Exterior Noises
- Resists Stains and Skin Oil for Long Lasting Tubing
- Attachable and Detachable Rim for Easy Cleaning
- Various Colors and Finishes for a Custom Feel
- Open Bell to Better Hear Lower Frequency
- Improved Acoustics for a Better Diagnosis
- Dual Lumen Eliminates Rubbing Noise
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Littmann
- Colors: Black, Navy, Hunter Green, Plum, Raspberry, Burgundy, Turquoise, Caribbean Blue
- Finish: Stainless Steel, Smoke, Black, Rainbow, Mirror, Champagne
- Length: 22 inch, 27 inch
- Warranty: 7 years
- Latex: No
- Chestpiece Design: Two-Sided
- Weight: 6 oz, 6.5 oz
- Diaphragms: 1.7 in, 1.3 in
How to Use the 3M Littmann Cardiology IV Stethoscope
- Adjust headset by pulling ear-tubes apart or pushing together
- Insert ear-tips into ears with ear-tips facing forward
- To listen to lower frequency, use open bell or pediatric side
- Use the larger side for higher frequency
- With the tunable diaphragm, you can also use light pressure for lower frequency and increase the pressure to listen to higher frequencies
Caring for Your Littmann Diagnostic Stethoscope
- After each use, wipe with a 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Wipe or Soapy Water
- Remove Rim, Diaphragm and Ear-tips for Deeper Clean
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures
Factors to Consider when Purchasing a Stethoscope
- Length: While some argue the sound is better with a shorter tubing, others argue the difference isn't large enough to be a determining factor. Most sources are in favor of a longer length to give patients their personal space, as well as for health and hygiene reasons.
- Versatility: When choosing a stethoscope, it is important to consider the patients you will be seeing. Be sure to consider what will best help you provide an accurate diagnosis. Consider factors such as if you are seeing adults or children. This will determine the size of the diaphragm you will want to use. Also consider if you need to listen to higher or lower frequencies and the sounds you will be listening for. Will you be listening for specific sounds as a specialist or will you need versatility to listen to both?
- Tubing: Most often available in just a single lumen, the single tube splits to be heard in each ear. The double lumen is more sensitive to faint sounds with two tubes to focus the sound to the ear and is able to reduce the rubbing sound from the split area.
- Hygiene: No matter what branch of medicine you work in, patients are in need of optimal sanitation and cleanliness. How easy is it to clean the stethoscope? This keeps both you and your patients healthier.
- Comfort: While it's important to keep your patients in mind, you will also want to consider how comfortable it is for you. The little things that make a difference for you should be considered such as ear-tips, tube softness and even the length can be important to you. Be sure you know your personal preferences.